New Zealand-Intensive Voyage
Experience fantastic natural wonders, city sights, and Maori culture on Azamara’s country-intensive cruise to New Zealand. Set sail from sensational Sydney Harbour, then enjoy two days at sea to pamper yourself in The Sanctum Spa, be entertained in our onboard lounge and casino, and take in some informative programs on the Land of the Long White Cloud/Middle Earth.
Start your Kiwi adventures with some spectacular scenery: We arrive in New Zealand through the jaw-dropping Milford Sound, flanked by steep cliffs and dense rainforests. Then, we cruise through Dusky Sound—it’s sure to take your breath away.
Explore Scottish-influenced Victorian and Edwardian architecture during your overnight in Dunedin, then cruise through gorgeous Botanical gardens via Edwardian punt boat in Christchurch. In Kaikoura, make sure your cameras and smartphones are at the ready for some of the best whale watching in the world.
Sip your way through the renowned Marlborough wine region in Picton, tour the excellent museums of Wellington, discover Napier (the Art Deco Capital of New Zealand), and immerse yourself in the rich history, beautiful beaches, and legendary wines of Gisborne. With an overnight stay in Tauranga, you’ll have lots of time to relax in thermal pools and visit the Pikirangi Māori Village. One last must-do is rafting Bay of Islands’ Waitomo Caves, before your journey ends in Auckland.
- Day 1SydneyAustraliaRead More +Sunny skies, friendly faces, and beautiful beaches await in Sydney. When you arrive, visit the UNESCO World Heritage-designated Sydney Opera House for a legendary photo opportunity. Then head to Manly Beach for awesome fun in the sun or the Australian Museum for a tour through New South Wales history. Cap your day with a visit to Darling Harbor for dinner with a stunning view of Harbor Bridge.Date: Thu 21-Jan 2021Activity: EmbarkArrival: -Depart: 5:00 pm
- Day 2-3At SeaRead More +Date: Fri 22-Jan to Sat 23-Jan 2021Activity: CruisingArrival: -Depart: -
Relax and reflect on your journey thus far with a few days of fun at sea. Get a behind-the-scenes look at life onboard with an Insider’s View Tour, attend a destination lecture to learn more about your next port-of-call, or try your luck at our onboard casino.
Want to really unwind? Watch the world go by and sip a complimentary drink poolside, or say “ahh” with a visit to Sanctum Spa.
- Day 4Milford SoundNew ZealandRead More +Date: Sun 24-Jan 2021Activity: CruisingArrival: 9:00 amDepart: 11:00 am
- Day 4Dusky SoundRead More +Date: Sun 24-Jan 2021Activity: CruisingArrival: 4:00 pmDepart: 6:00 pm
- Day 5-6DunedinNew ZealandRead More +Scottish influence meets distinct Kiwi flair in the port city of Dunedin. Known as the Edinburgh of the South, Dunedin has beautiful sandy beaches, unique wildlife, and is home to the many delicious wines found on the Otago Peninsula. Those with a sweet tooth will want to visit Cadbury World, where you can take a tour of a working chocolate factory (and maybe sample a little bit for yourself!).Date: Mon 25-Jan to Tue 26-Jan 2021Activity: DockedArrival: 1:00 pm (Jan 25)Depart: 5:00 pm (Jan 26)
- Day 7ChristchurchNew ZealandRead More +There’s so much to see and do Christchurch, you’re going to have to plan strategically. Do you want to stick to the city sights—like Cathedral Square, the streets of New Regent and Cashel, and the shops and galleries of the Christchurch CBD? Or venture further and discover the Canterbury countryside or Waipara wine valley? Wherever you end up, be sure to get a taste of the region’s delectable food scene.Date: Wed 27-Jan 2021Activity: DockedArrival: 8:00 amDepart: 10:00 pm
- Day 8KaikouraNew ZealandRead More +Two hours north of Christchurch is the town of Kaikoura, situated on a rocky peninsula with a backdrop of snow-capped mountains. Its Māori name translates to “meal of crayfish” for which the region is famous. And it’s this abundance of crayfish combined with a rich habitat that makes Kaikoura a marine mammal mecca—perfect for seeing dolphins, seals, and orca, humpback, and sperm whales.Date: Thu 28-Jan 2021Activity: TenderedArrival: 8:00 amDepart: 5:00 pm
- Day 9PictonNew ZealandRead More +Like most of New Zealand, this area is a haven for outdoor enthusiasts. Bring your walking shoes and walk to the Snout—a peninsula that's still wild and untamed. After your hike, be sure to explore more than 35 cellar doors in the Marlborough wine region. And when it’s time to wave goodbye to Picton, be sure to stay above deck to see the incredible sights of the Queen Charlotte Sound.Date: Fri 29-Jan 2021Activity: DockedArrival: 8:00 amDepart: 9:00 pm
- Day 10WellingtonNew ZealandRead More +Take a ride on the Kelburn cable to and get to know Wellington, the coolest little capital in the world. Situated on New Zealand’s North Island, Wellington is known for its art deco structures, the Botanic Gardens, and its wonderful museums. During your adventure, be sure to tour the Weta Cave, where you’ll find memorabilia from films shot in the area, including Lord of the Rings and Avatar.Date: Sat 30-Jan 2021Activity: DockedArrival: 8:00 amDepart: 11:00 pm
- Day 11NapierNew ZealandRead More +The Art Deco Capital of New Zealand, Napier is a visual delight. Spend your day walking the enchanting streets of this city and you’ll come across the Pania of the Reef (one of the most photographed attractions in the country), as well as many cafes to relax in while the world bustles outside. And don’t forget to visit the farmers’ market to shop for delightful products from local artisans.Date: Sun 31-Jan 2021Activity: DockedArrival: 2:30 pmDepart: 10:00 pm
- Day 12GisborneNew ZealandRead More +Perched on the East Coast of New Zealand’s North Island, Gisborne is a place of rich history, beautiful beaches, and legendary wines. It’s also a city of firsts. It’s where the first Māori migratory canoes landed, where British explorer Captain James Cook first came in 1769, and, since it’s also the most easterly point in the world, it is the first city in the world to see the sun rise each day.Date: Mon 1-Feb 2021Activity: DockedArrival: 8:00 amDepart: 3:30 pm
- Day 13-14TaurangaNew ZealandRead More +It’s easy to fall in love with Tauranga. Situated in the sunniest region of the North Island, Tauranga is home to endless golden beaches, beautiful waters, and The Strand—a waterfront lined with restaurants and cafes. Outside of town, you’ll find the Pikirangi Māori Village, where you can relax in rejuvenating thermal pools while watching the Pohutu geyser shoot nearly 100 feet in the sky.Date: Tue 2-Feb to Wed 3-Feb 2021Activity: DockedArrival: 9:00 am (Feb 2)Depart: 2:30 pm (Feb 3)
- Day 15Bay of IslandsNew ZealandRead More +Exceptional island beauty—144 times over. This stunning group of islands is home to the first permanent British settlement in New Zealand, as well as rich Maori history. Trek through dense forests of kauri trees, or explore the bioluminescent wonder of the Waiomio Caves system. Take a swing at some world famous golf courses or take a tour and take in impressive waterfalls.Date: Thu 4-Feb 2021Activity: TenderedArrival: 8:00 amDepart: 6:00 pm
- Day 16-17AucklandNew ZealandRead More +Explore the eye-catching black sand beaches of "The City of Sails" and take a trip to the top of the Southern Hemisphere's tallest building for sweeping panoramic views. Outside the city, immerse yourself in Maori culture, embark on an unforgettable outdoor adventure, or discover the region's stunning wine country.Date: Fri 5-Feb to Sat 6-Feb 2021Activity: Docked/DebarkArrival: 8:00 am (Feb 5)Depart: -
Our Pricing & Savings Policy
Unless stated otherwise, all rates are per person, based on double occupancy, cruise only, in GBP, and subject to availability. Rates may vary by ship, departure date, and stateroom category. All rates, savings offers and itineraries are subject to change without notice. Azamara reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior notice.
- voyage-details-excursions__book-linkImmersive Experiences Await
Curated tours, hidden gems, and exciting opportunities allow you to connect a little deeper to your destination. Exclusive shore excursions are being developed for this voyage. Check back closer to the sail date to see what’s in store on shore.
Explore excursions that might be included on this voyage and get some vacation inspiration.
- Specialty Dining
Dine in luxury and elegance at the specialty restaurants of Azamara, where you’ll savor a heavenly experience at a down-to-earth price.
At Aqualina, tantalize your palate with some of Italy’s most celebrated dishes, as well as contemporary inventive cuisine. Expect a marvelous evening in a warm ambiance with stunning views and lush décor at Prime C steakhouse. And don’t miss the Chef’s Table, an exclusive dining experience pairing multiple delectable courses with perfectly matched wines.
- Spa, Health & Fitness
Relax, revitalize, and reboot. Our spa, health, and fitness options give you the chance to focus on you—something you don’t always have time to do at home.
Pamper yourself at The Sanctum Spa with the ultimate in signature treatments. Update your look at our full-service salon. Get into a new groove with complimentary group fitness classes like sunset yoga on the deck, core workouts, and nutrition sessions. Or head to our well-equipped Fitness Center to work out at your own pace, as you enjoy spectacular ocean views. Feel better, look better, and get ship shape with Azamara.
Searching for a tasteful collection of merchandise, beautiful jewelry, and special keepsakes? Look no further than the onboard stores of Azamara.
Stop by the ship’s namesake shop for sundries, casual wear, swim fashions, accessories, and small gifts. Head to Indulgences for an exquisite selection of jewelry, watches, and other pieces from iconic jewelry-makers. Pick up camera supplies and photos taken by the ship’s roving photographer at The Photo Shop. (And be sure to watch your daily news for specials and one-time offers that make shopping even more fun.)
- Enrichment Programs & Classes
Culinary demonstrations by our professional chefs and wine tastings by our sommeliers. Cruise Global, Connect Local℠ shore excursion seminars to help you learn about particular tours. Port-of-call lectures focusing on destination highlights, plus insider tips on lesser-known excursions.
Get in the know with our ever-changing variety of entertaining and interesting programs hosted by Azamara’s own onboard experts.
- Discoveries Restaurant
At the culinary heart of our ships is the Discoveries Restaurant. Here, you can discover the world through dishes and flavors from the places we visit, whether it’s our Destination Immersion® Experiences dinner buffet or the Destination Immersion® cuisine on our dinner menu.
During on-shore visits, our chefs love to head to local markets for inspiration and ingredients. The result? Mouthwatering dishes so local, you’ll feel like you’re not onboard anymore.
- Casual Dining & Snacks
At Azamara, we elevate casual dining to delectable heights. Taste your way around the world at The Patio with exclusive personalized dishes using local flavors. Then top your meal off at Swirl & Top, our self-serve frozen yogurt station.
Take in the fresh breeze at an outdoor table and relax in the laid-back atmosphere of Windows Café, featuring daily themed dinners inspired from the region we’re visiting and live stations serving up local ingredients purchased in port. And no matter where you are in the world, Mosaic Café and Mosaic @Night is the perfect place to start (or end) your day.
- Entertainment & Events
In between taking you to some of the most fascinating destinations in the world, we love to entertain our guests, especially at the Cabaret Lounge. Enjoy live performances of professional full-stage musical revues, classical soloists, bands, and other entertainment in a cabaret nightclub with full bar and cozy tables.
We take the show outside at Azamara’s White Night party and buffet, held at least once on every cruise (weather permitting). Have a fabulous feast, sip boutique wines on the house, and dance late into the night. Wearing white is optional, but encouraged!
- Bars & Lounges
With a flat-screen TV and full-service bar, Spirits is a great place for sports fans. And the Casino will keep you entertained with a variety of exciting slot machines.
Azamara Pursuit’s newest lounge exemplifies outright dedication to Destination Immersion experiences. The Den powered by AFAR —a publication focused on experiential travel—is your ideal location to enhance inspiration for your cruise. Sit back and relax to the sounds of live piano, indulge in an AFAR-curated cocktail, and engage in one of our destination focused activities.
The Spirits Bar will keep you entertained, with its flat-screen TV with and full-service bar, it’s the perfect place to watch the game onboard.
Our Pricing & Savings Policy
Please remember you have up to 2 days prior to your sail date to purchase your Azamara Club Cruises® shore excursions online. If you are within the 2 days, you will then need to purchase your shore excursions on board.
*Prices are representative, subject to change and availability and vary by sailing. Tours, tour dates, and times are subject to change and availability. A cruise booking number and at least one deposit payment is required to purchase a tour. Tours may be purchased online or by calling us up to four days prior to the cruise departure date. After that time, tours must be booked onboard.
Tours purchased prior to the cruise departure date will be charged to your credit card in the same currency as your cruise reservation. Tours purchased onboard will be charged in U.S. dollars to your KeyCard account. Exchange rates are determined by a competitive pricing program.
The providers of tour arrangements are independent contractors and are not acting as agents of representatives or Azamara Club Cruises. In no event shall Azamara be liable for any accident or harm to passenger, which occurs as a result of any acts, omissions, or negligence of any independent contractors.