CRUISE THROUGH ONE OF THE SEVEN WONDERS OF THE MODERN WORLD
Considered one of the seven wonders of the modern world, the Panama Canal is one of mankind’s greatest accomplishments and a must-see for every world traveler. It was completed in 1914 through the efforts of over 80,000 workers and was one of the most difficult and largest engineering projects every undertaken. Once finished, the Panama Canal enabled ships to travel between the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans in half the time it previously required, and now the 77km canal sees over 14,000 ships pass every year. The journey cuts through Isthmus of Panama and takes about nine hours, as ships are lifted and lowered a total of approximately 50 metres through its three locks.
Experience a 360° view of the Panama Canal.
See what it's like to sail through this modern marvel with our immersive video and explore the vibrant culture of Panama. While the video is playing, click and drag within the window to view this unique sailing in 360 degrees.
How to use Azamara 3DI
To ensure that you’re getting the most immersive experience possible, please follow the steps below. Don’t forget to turn up the volume, you’ll want to hear this!
- For Desktop Users
- Make sure you are using the most up-to-date version of the Google Chrome web browser
- Simply click on the video and drag to experience it in 360 degrees
- Use your headphones to take in the multidirectional sound
- For Mobile Users (Android & iOS)
- Make sure you have downloaded the free YouTube app before viewing the video
- Turn your phone sideways to experience the full video
- Click the stereoscopic button and insert your phone into your Google Cardboard (or similar viewer)
- You may also watch the videos without the cardboard and still have a great viewing experience
Panama Canal, Panama Highlights
Panama Canal, Panama At a glance